Door of Hope is our temporary housing program, , provides support to pregnant and/or single mothers ages 18 and up. Residents are able to reside in our studio or one bedroom efficiency apartments up one year after the birth of her baby. While participating in our Door of Hope program, residents are able to access an array of services through Bright Hope that will aid in self-sufficiency, healthy decision-making and life skills. Residents will also be assigned a client advocate who will help them with goal-setting and connecting them to community resources.
Door of Hope Eligibility Requirements:
- Single women ages 18 and up
- Verified Pregnancy
- Homeless or near homeless (explored all other options for housing)
- Able to pay $25 weekly for utilities ($10 added for the use of air conditioner in the summer)
- Able to pay a $105 (nonrefundable) deposit and first month’s utilities by move-in date.
- Able to follow DOH guidelines
- Able to work and/or attend school
- Able to participate in weekly classes: Parenting, Educational Enrichment, Employment, Bible Study, Healthy Relationships, Devotions, Life Skills
- Able to attend weekly case management/mentoring appointments
- Able to attend bi-weekly house meetings
- Achieved one year of recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction
Admission procedures include:
- Complete Door of Hope Application submitted to the main office. (only completed applications will be reviewed) Door of Hope Application Spanish version
- Provide Identification at interview:
- Proof current photo identification
- Proof of pregnancy (if you need proof of pregnancy)
- Birth Certificates
- If eligible, we will schedule an with our Door of Hope team
- Admission decision made within 24-48 hours after Intake interview and move in date scheduled
- In addition to our maternity homes, we provide referrals to other agencies and we administer free pregnancy tests to community clients.
We anticipate women accepted into this program will stay between 6-12 months.
Bright Hope does not refer or perform abortions